Go here! Do This!
1. The winning submissions from Canteen Magazine’s recent photo contest are featured in an exhibition at powerHouse Arena in Brooklyn, Aug 4 -29. Exhibition party (open bar, a band) Aug 19 from 7:00 – 10:00. Free with RSVP (email@example.com), $5 at door.
2. David Zwirner is pleased to announce the launch of the gallery’s first annual summer Pop-Up Bookstore. For one week only—Monday, August 9 through Friday, August 13—there will be special offers on a selection of rare and out-of-print books, signed artist catalogues, DVDs, and more.
3. It’s Hey Hot Shot! time again and Alec Soth is a-judgin’! Deadline August, 20th.
4. Time is running out to see New Genre Pictures at the Flanders Gallery in Raliegh, NC. Featuring work by Lucas Blalock, Sam Falls, Thomas Hauser and Bill Sullivan. On view through August 28th.
5. Submit to the Soho Photo’s annual Alternative Process Competition. Download 2010 Prospectus. “Soho Photo initiated its Annual Alternative Processes Competition in 2005 with the objective of recognizing the achievements of those photographers who continue to craft their images the way photographers have done since the beginning of the medium. These alternative processes include (but are not limited to) albumen, cyanotype, Van Dyke Brown, platinum/palladium, gum bichromate, bromoil, salt print, ambrotype, tintype, image transfer and Ziatype. 19th Century photographic processes dominate this genre, however some modern methods have joined the accepted ranks.” (via Soho Photo)
6. Find out who’s NOT following you anymore on twitter at QUITTER!
7. Consider the implications of Google and Verizon Announcing a Net Neutrality Proposal. “The days of self publishing are likely over. The New York Times reports this morning that “Google and Verizon are nearing an agreement that could allow Verizon to speed some online content to Internet users more quickly if the content’s creators are willing to pay for the privilege.” In a very near future, big publishing houses like Vanity Fair and The New York Times will load quickly because they’ll be able to afford the extra charges while small blogs like Art Fag City will be relegated to the slow lane.” (via Art Fag City)
8. Submit to Daniel Cooney’s Late Summer Emerging Artists Auction. Deadline: August, 20th.
10. Don’t forget to watch the SEASON FINALE OF WORK OF ART tomorrow!