Go here! Do this!
1. Sophia Wallace will be exhibiting 4 large scale photographs as part of a two person show with Julie Fogarty at Leslie/Lohman Gallery in Soho, New York. The show will remain on view through December 8. Opening is TONIGHT at 6pm at Leslie/Lohman Gallery at 26 Wooster Street, New York, NY.
Sophia Wallace, Christian
2. Artists Wanted is pleased to announce the launch of their collaboration with SCOPE Art Show and 3rd Ward to present Art Takes Miami, an international open call looking for dynamic, innovative, and exciting artwork. The winning artist will receive a feature spot at this year’s SCOPE Art Show in Miami, where over 100,000 art enthusiasts, collectors, buyers, gallerists and creators are expected to gather. The selected artist will also receive a $10,000 prize, which includes a $5,000 cash grant to produce new work to showcase at the SCOPE show. Hotel accommodations and airfare to and from Miami are also included in the winner’s package. Applications accepted through October, 27th.
3. Ladies, SOHO2O Gallery Chelsea is introducing a 3 month studio residency program for female visual artists. The studio space is located at 547 West 27th Street, in the heart of the Chelsea art community of New York City. The setting offers a community of art professionals and commercial as well as non-profit galleries and art spaces.
4. Joy Wai Gallery, a brand new gallery in Chelsea, is currently seeking submissions for their forthcoming inaugural exhibition Whose Self-Portrait? The Subject Behind the Camera.
6. In other Humble related news, check out David Schoerner’s lovely solo show and interview on view NOW!
David Schoerner, Untitled (Blue)
7. This sounds like a great lecture and it’s happening TONIGHT! New School, Johnson Design Center – 66 5th Ave, Kellen Auditorium, 6 – 7pm, $0.
8. Peter Sutherland, Maia Ruth Lee, and 10 kids from Nepal came together for a four days photography workshop in Kathmandu in June 2010. Amongst the 10 kids, 5 kids were deaf and 5 kids were former street children. For 4 days they communicated in sign language, took photos and collaborated for the very first time. Come join them to support the Book Club workshop series! Wednesday, October 13 · 7:00pm – 9:00pm at Creatures of Comfort, 205 Mulberry, New York, NY.
A spread from Signs and Voices
9. 01 Magazine Group Exhibition – New York!! Presented by 01 Magazine & No.6 Store. Opening Reception Party: Friday October 15, 2010 / 8 – 11pm with Music by Chances With Wolves. No.6 Store, Gallery at Lower Level 6 Centre Market Place, New York, NY Between Broome and Grand and Centre and Mulberry.
10. Dont miss Different Repetitions: A group exhibition with Céline Duval, David Horvitz, Elisabeth Tonnard, f.ART magazine and Rick Myers, curated by David Senior. Opening this Saturday, October 16th, 6-9pm at 37 Greenpoint Avenue, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY.