Go here! Do this!
1. TOMORROW, Apex Art hosts “What Dickens Drank” an intriguing attempt to answer “What did a cocktail taste like in 1842?” Yummmmmm!
3. Also TONIGHT, you might want to consider “Auto Focus: The Self Portrait in Contemporary Photography Panel Discussion and Book Signing” at SVA (Visual Arts Theater) 23 street: 333 W 23 street, 7pm.
5. You shouldn’t miss DUMP.FM IRL, Curated by Lindsay Howard Opening October 22 and running through October 30, 2010. Opening reception this FRIDAY, October 22, 7:00pm-1:00am at 319 Scholes Street, Brooklyn, NY. “dump.fm is an image-based chat room for real-time communication. Founded in November 2009 by Ryder Ripps in collaboration with Scott Ostler (of MIT Exhibit) and Tim Baker (of Delicious), dump.fm serves as a platform for artists who use its technology to foster community and creativity.”
7. Donate to CS13 Art Space and get your very own commissioned sculpture, permanently installed in the CS13 online sculpture garden! CS13 is a not-for-profit, self financed gallery and performance space located in Cincinnati, OH.
8. If you are in Chicago, don’t miss the opening of MUGS on Friday at LVL3, 222 West Merchandise Mart Plaza Chicago, IL. “In this show, mugs are selected by each artist and displayed as a symbolic entity.” FUN!
Mug by Kate Steciw
Andrew Laumann, Ripped Moss
10. On THURSDAY October 21st, Martine Fougeron will be speaking at The School of Visual Arts Amphitheatre in NYC at 209 E. 23rd Street (2nd and 3rd Ave), 3rd Floor. A Q&A session with the artist will follow.
Martine Fougeron, from Téte–á–Téte