Go here! Do this!
1. “Our friends at Artists Wanted SCOPE Art Show and 3rd Ward have joined forces to present Art Takes Miami – an international call for sculpture, painting, installation, photography, drawing, design, film, video, performance, sound, and illustration – you name it, they accept it (conceptual proposals are also welcome).” (via Humble Arts) DEADLINE is MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!
2. As I mentioned yesterday, G/IRL (Girls In Real Life): Women Photographers Emerging in Digital Culture opens tomorrow at G/IRL Pop-Up Gallery.
3. Also tomorrow, Paulina Olowska Applied Fantastic opens at Metro Pictures.
4. Collier Schorr Journals & Notebooks opens at 303 Gallery on Friday.
5. Garry Fabian Miller has an opening at Danziger Projects this Friday. (time not confirmed, check with gallery).
Garry Fabian Miller
6. For the fashionistas, P.S.1 is hosting MOVE! this weekend which sounds like it should be a great event. “MOVE! is a two-day event merging the worlds of fashion and art through the collaboration of designers and artists, organized by V Magazine’s Cecilia Dean and style journalist David Colman. There will be performances and temporary installations presented throughout the building from each of the collaborating designers and artists. Artists and designers include: Kalup Linzy and Diane Von Furstenberg; Rob Pruitt and Marc Jacobs; Terence Koh and Italo Zucchelli (Calvin Klein Collection); Tauba Auerbach and Ohne Titel; Olaf Breuning and Cynthia Rowley; Brody Condon and Rodarte; Rashaad Newsome and Alexander Wang; Dan Colen and Proenza Schouler; David Blaine and Adam Kimmel; Jonah Bokaer and Narciso Rodriguez; The Cheryls and American Apparel; and Ryan McNamara and Robert Geller; and TELFAR + Lizzie Fitch, Rhett LaRue, Fatima Al Qadiri, Ryan Trecartin, and Leilah Weinraub.
7. If you are in LA this SATURDAY, you can attend a discussion between photographer David LaChapelle and artist Josh Azzarella, moderated by Edward Robinson, associate curator, Wallis Annenberg Photography Department. The discussion will focus on themes such as imaging celebrity. Includes a screening of A” atLACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art).
9. Also in LA, SECRETS will be on view from October 29 to November 14. Gallery Space at Space 15 Twenty is pleased to present Secrets, a group photography exhibition. Curated by Skye Parrott and Alec Friedman of Dossier Journal, the show is comprised of 39 photographers’ visual responses when asked to tell a secret. OPening reception this Friday, October 29, 7:00pm – 10:00pm.