Go here! Do this!
1. Skye Parrott’s solo show, First Love, Last Rights opens at Capricious Space this Friday. Central to this body of work is Parrott’s interest in the subjectivity of memory. “People choose a few things to remember and those memories become representative of entire relationships or events.”
2. Sign up to receive a drawing a day from artist and photographer Pierre Le Hors. They are lovely!
Pierre Le Hors
3. If you are in Miami or going to Miami soon and missed the opening last weekend, DO NOT MISS Tim Barber’s first major U.S. show titled Untitled Photographs, Barber presents a collection of images spanning his fifteen years behind the lens. Should be a stunner.
5. Awesome new Photography space, F.L.O.A.T is hosting it’s first opening this Friday night. The Factory of Dreams, works by photographer Stefan Ruiz, will be on view 19 November – 13 December, 2010.
6. Also on Friday, in Richmond, VA. REFERENCE Gallery is presenting Eli Manning featuring work by Wesley Friedrich, Piotr Łakomy, Oliver Laric, Tibi Tibi Neuspiel, Ilia Ovechkin, Patrick Quinn, Ryan Sawyer and David Sherry. Should be a nice, if somewhat enigmatic show!
7. On Saturday, don’t miss the NYU Steinhardt MFA Open Studios from 6-10pm. 1st & 2nd Year MFAs: Katherine Bauer, Sofi Brazzeal, Jessica Gispert, Shadi Harouni
Joseph Imhauser, Agnes Lux, Taro Masushio, Chason Matthams, David J. Merritt, Carlos Reyes, Ben Schumacher, Andy Slemenda, Jo-ey Tang, Brad Troemel, Alice Wang, Gary Webb, Elliott Wright, Kevin Yang and Leafe Zales. Carla Bruni-Sarkozy Foundation Sorbonne Fellows: Pauline Bastard, Karim Cherraibid, Eleonore Josso, Aude Legrande and Annick Naour.
8. On a similar note, INSIDE|OUTSIDE, an exhibition of the work of Third Year BFA Photography students at FIT opens TONIGHT in the C Building Lobby (27th ST between 7TH/8TH avenues).
9. This Friday, the 4th iteration of Bring Your Own Beamer (BYOB) comes to Los Angeles for a night of projections and performances. 31 Artists. 31+ projectors. One night only.